The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt (Landmark Books)
by Elizabeth Payne Author
(From Amazon): For more than 3,000 years, Egypt was a great civilization that thrived along the banks of the Nile River. But when its cities crumbled to dust, Egyptâ€™s culture and the secrets of its hieroglyphic writings were also lost. The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt explains how archaeologists have pieced together their discoveries to slowly reveal the history of Egyptâ€™s people, its pharaohs, and its golden days.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Random House Books for Young Readers
- 1 The Rediscovery of Ancient Egypt
- 2 The First Egyptians and the Dead Demigods
- 3 "The Good God" - Pharoah Cheops
- 4 "I Show You a Land Topsy-Turvy..."
- 5 "His Magesty, Herself" - Queen Hatshepsut
- 6 The Smiter of Asiatics - Pharoah Thutmose the Third
- 7 The Criminal of Akhetaton - Pharoah Akhnaton
- 8 The Beginning of the End - Pharoah Ramses the Second