Mystery of the Roman Ransom [SCM]
by Henry Winterfeld Author
Young Roman schoolboys discover a secret message ordering the murder of a famous senator. Sequel to Detectives in Togas.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Suggested Grades
- 1st - 6th
- Geographical Setting
- Historical Setting
- 773 - 773
- Harcourt Brace Jovanovich
- 1 Xantippus Can't Use a Lion Either
- 2 Why Did the Slave Dealer Run Away?
- 3 The Fearsome Ex-Gladiator
- 4 A Surprising Use for Honey
- 5 No Respectable Citizen Visits the Cemetery at Night
- 6 A Fateful Letter
- 7 They All Are in Danger
- 8 He Must Smell of Mimosa
- 9 About Clanging Swords and Grindstones
- 10 "Hail, Emperor! We, About to Die, Salute You!"
- 11 Now We're Back Where We Started
- 12 Caius Sees the Light
- 13 Will the City Prefect Call Out His Whole Police Force?
- 14 The Boys Have No Time to Dive into the Water
- 15 The Sieve of the Danaides
- 16 Not a Sound Passed Their Lips
- 17 Only a Miracle Can Save Caius
- 18 Memento Mori Is the Password
- 19 Everybody Cringes at the Sight of Antonius
- 20 Riddle Upon Riddle
- 21 The Last Straw
- 22 Thoroughness Sometimes Can Be Pushed Too Far
- 23 A Distressing Turn of Events
- 24 How Much Does a Bear Weigh?
- 25 Caius Sees Another Light
You'll need to log in to your account before leaving a review. Don't have an account? You can sign up for free!