Music Study with the Masters: Haydn [SCM]
by Sonya Shafer Author
Music Study with the Masters makes it easy to enjoy and appreciate music together as a family. With Charlotte Mason's simple and effective method, you will get to know the composer well, add variety to your schoolwork, and cultivate your children's tastes for good music in just a few short minutes each week. Each portfolio includes a biography of the composer and two full-length albums of the his music.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Suggested Grades
- 1st - 12th
- Historical Setting
- 1732 - 1809
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- 1 A Day in the Life of Haydn
- 2 The Story of Haydn
- 3 The Creation: Part I: Recitative: Die Vorstellung des Chaos (The Representation of Chaos)
- 4 Symphony No. 45 in F-Sharp Minor, Hob. I:45, "Farewell": IV. Finale: Presto-Adagio
- 5 Piano Trio No. 39 in G Major, Hob. XV:25, "Gypsy"
- 6 String Quartet No. 53 in D Major, Op. 64, No. 5, Hob. III:63, "The Lark": II. Adagio
- 7 String Quartet No. 62 in C Major, Op. 76, No. 3, Hob. III:77, "The Emperor"
- 8 Symphony No. 94 in G Major, Hob. I:94, "Surprise": II. Andante
- 9 Symphony No. 100 in G Major, Hob. I:100, "Military": IV. Finale: Presto
- 10 Trumpet Concerto in E-Flat Major, Hob. VIIe:1: III. Finale: Allegro