Laying Down the Rails for Children, Book 1 (HABIT: CLEANLINESS)
by Lanaya Gore Author
(From Amazon): This companion to the award-winning book, Laying Down the Rails, expands on the principles of good habits with a practical how-to guide and action plan to use with your children. It is filled with classic stories and Bible passages, beautiful poems, life activities, inspiring quotations- living ideas that will nestle into your children's minds and motivate them toward the habits of good character.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Suggested Grades
- Early Years - 12th
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC
- 1 Page 14; Define cleanliness. Read Ecclesiastes 10:18.
- 2 Pages 14-16; (1) Keep your room clean, aired, and odor-free. Read "Dust Under the Rug".
- 3 Pages 16-17; (2) Air out any clothing or bedding that will be used again before washing. Read "Rain in the Night".
- 4 Page 17; (3) It's fun to get dirty, but learn how to clean yourself up when finished. Read Francis Bacon quote.
- 5 Page 17; (4a) Learn to groom yourself adequately. Demonstrate cleaning self.
- 6 Page 17; (4b) Learn to wash hands before meals. Discuss germs & bacteria.
- 7 Pages 18-20; (5)By the age of five or six, your child should be able to bathe himself properly. Read "The Three Pigs".
- 8 Pages 20-21; Discuss cleanliness in food preparation. Discuss John Wesley quote.
- 9 Pages 21-23; Discuss cleanliness as a service to others. Read "The Sanitary Commission".
- 10 Page 23; Encourage one another with changes seen. Make a cleanliness chart.
- 11 Pages 23; Discuss other aspects of cleanliness. Have parent share a cleanliness story.
- 12 Page 24; Finish up other discussion.
You'll need to log in to your account before leaving a review. Don't have an account? You can sign up for free!