by Julia Schwartz Author
Excerpt from Introduction: "This book tells the stories of some of the baby mammals of the wilderness, - how they grow and learn day by day to take care of themselves In hollow trees or down under water among the lily leaves, in the cool sea or on the rugged mountains, on the grassy plains or among the saving tree-tops, in the dark caves and burrows or hidden in the tangles underfoot, - all the world in alive with young creatures."
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Green Bird Publication
- 1 The Opossum "The One With a Pocket"
- 2 The Manatee "The One That Eats Grass in the Sea"
- 3 The Whale "The Biggest One"
- 4 The Elk (Wapiti) "One of the Fleetest"
- 5 The Beaver "The Best Builder"
- 6 The Rabbit (Hare) "The Timid One"
- 7 The Squirrel "The One With the Prettiest Tail"
- 8 The Bear "One That Sleeps All Winter"
- 9 The Fox "The Wisest One"
- 10 The Wolf "The Fiercest One"
- 11 The Mole "The One That Digs the Best"
- 12 Conclusion