Music Study with the Masters: Handel [SCM]
by Sonya Shafer Author, Emily Lin Author
Music Study with the Masters makes it easy to enjoy and appreciate music together as a family. With Charlotte Mason’s simple and effective method, you will get to know Handel well, add variety to your schoolwork, and cultivate your children’s tastes for good music in just a few short minutes each week.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Suggested Grades
- 1st - 12th
- Historical Setting
- 1685 - 1759
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- 1 A Day in the Life of Handel
- 2 The Story of Handel
- 3 Water Music Suite No. 2 in D Major, HWV 349: II. Alla Hornpipe
- 4 Messiah, HWV 56: Part II: Aria. "He was despised"
- 5 Israel in Egypt, HWV 54: Part II: "He spake the word," "He gave them hailstones for rain," "He sent a thick darkness over all the land," "He smote all the firstborn of Egypt"
- 6 Concerto Grosso, Op 6, No. 12, HWV 330: II. Allegro
- 7 Zadok the Priest, HWV 258
- 8 Music for the Royal Fireworks, HWV 351: IV. La Rejouissance
- 9 Keyboard Suite No. 5 in E Major, HWV 430: IV. Air, "Harmonious Blacksmith"
- 10 Messiah, HWV 56: Part II: "Hallelujah!"