Great Science Adventures: The World of Plants
by Dinah Zike Author, Susan Simpson Author
Uses a multi-grade approach with lots of hands-on activities and some living book recommendations. Each lesson will take one to three days to complete.
- Resource Type
- Print Status
- In Print
- Suggested Grades
- 1st - 8th
- Common Sense Press
- 1 What is a plant?
- 2 What is photosynthesis?
- 3 What are respiration and transpiration in plants?
- 4 How do plants respond to the world around them?
- 5 How do plants reproduce?
- 6 What are the different types of plants?
- 7 What are bryophytes?
- 8 How do bryophytes reproduce?
- 9 What are ferns and how do they reproduce?
- 10 What are gymnosperms?
- 11 What is a conifer?
- 12 What is an angiosperm?
- 13 How does an angiosperm develop and grow?
- 14 What are the two types of seeds?
- 15 What are roots and what do they do?
- 16 What are stems and what do they do?
- 17 What are leaves and what do they do?
- 18 What are flowers and what do they do?
- 19 What is pollination?
- 20 What is a fruit?
- 21 What are deciduous trees?
- 22 What do tree trunks and roots do?
- 23 What are trees rings and what do they tell us?
- 24 Why do deciduous leaves change colour?
You'll need to log in to your account before leaving a review. Don't have an account? You can sign up for free!